Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Increased Excitement in the Mission

After a long dearth in baptisms and a special fast a couple of months ago, we are beginning to see some exciting trends in the mission. The month of January we have had more baptisms than we had for the whole year of 2008. We have felt the excitement in the missionaries as we have travelled visiting classes, attending fun nights, and speaking in Sacrament meetings. The Lord is pouring out his spirit upon the Bulgarian people and they are beginning to open their hearts and minds to the missionaries. Plovdiv had 2 baptisms. One was an 11 year old girl who lives in a selo (village) outside of Plovdiv. The other is an 8 year old son of a counselor in the Plovdiv District Presidency. How exciting to see young people join the church. In a few years these will be leaders.

Elder Kasabov with Christina Vacileva.

Старейшина Касабов, Христина Василева
Dimitar (Mitko) Marious Tcherpokov and his Dad, Marious Tcherpokov

Mитко Черпоков


In Pleven, we joined the branch in their Saturday night fun night after we observed the S/I class taught by Elder Taylor. Here we are making a pinata and getting really messy with paste. Elder Hawkes is on the right.

4 comments:

The Edwards Family said...

What? No baptisms in the Black Sea? I guess I am still in shock from the pictures I saw from your first mission. That's exciting news about the mission.

Mama Tales said...

Thanks for being such great blog posters. I really enjoy reading about what your doing, see the pictures and hearing of the work. Our prayers are with you. Shely

Mama Tales said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! We see the work moving forward as well. Our days are short and there are many to save. Love seeing your pictures and reading the blog.
Blessings!